Posted on February 23rd, 2013 by skirschner
It’s official — winners of the 16th annual Cincinnati Canstruction competition were announced on Friday, February 22nd during the Cincinnati Canstruction Awards Gala at the Fifth Third Theater of the Aronoff Center for the Arts. Bob Herzog from Local 12 News served as Emcee for the evening and had the pleasure of announcing the winners.
- Honorable Mention – “Eradicating Hunger Requires Concrete Action” by Turner Construction Company
- Best Meal – “America’s Favorite Sandwich – The Hamburger” by Jostin Construction
- Best Use of Labels – “Fishing to Fight Hunger” by BHDP Architecture/Messer Construction
- Structural Ingenuity – “CAN a Glass be Half Full?” by Hixson Architecture Engineering Interiors
- Jurors’ Favorite – “Give a Man a Fish…” by GBBN Architects
The CAN Spirit Award, given to the team that has the most cans in their structure and sponsored by Oswald Companies, was awarded to the team of KZF Design/Danis for their rendition of “Can Wars”. The structure contained 5,404 cans.
A total of 57,071 cans were presented to the Freestore Foodbank during the program and the public is encouraged to visit the structures and bring a canned good donation to one of the sites as a donation.
The public is also invited to help select the winner of our final prize – the People’s Choice award. Voting takes place on our Facebook page – Facebook.com/CinciCan. ”Like” our page then click on the Canstruction People’s Choice Award Album to view the entries. Like your favorite to cast your vote. Voting continues until 5:00 pm Eastern on Sunday, March 10th. Winners will be announced here on Monday, March 11, 2013.