It’s Finally Here! The 21st Annual Cincinnati Canstruction competition will take place on TBD. The teams are committed and their designs are ready. Teams will be ‘canstructing’ their sculptures in several downtown locations including the Weston Art Gallery and the Aronoff Center, the downtown Public Library, Scripps Center, Macy’s Fountain Place and a few others to be named soon. Each team will have five hours to complete the building of their gigantic food structure.
On TBD our celebrity jurors will travel to each location to view the structures and deliberate to choose winners in the following categories:
- Structural Ingenuity – Awarded for the best use of the math and physics to help the structure defy gravity and stand in position.
- Best Use of Labels – Awarded for the best variety of cans that helps the design of the structure be articulated by the labels.
- Best Meal – Awarded for the best variety of cans that would be most useful for a complete, balanced meal.
- People’s Choice – Awarded for the most votes from the public.
- Best Original Design – Awarded for the most votes from the jury.
- Most Cans – This award is give to the structure that used the most cans in the structure.
Winners will be announced on TBD at the 21st Annual Cincinnati Canstruction Awards Gala to be held at the Fifth Third Theater at the Aronoff Center. The Canstruction exhibit will be on display from TBD. There is no charge for admission, but the public is encouraged to bring canned goods or make a donation to the Freestore Foodbank.