It’s Finally Here! The 20th Annual Cincinnati Canstruction competition will take place on April 4, 2017. The teams are committed and their designs are ready. Teams will be ‘canstructing’ their sculptures in several downtown locations including the Weston Art Gallery and the Aronoff Center, the downtown Public Library, Scripps Center, Macy’s Fountain Place and a few others to be named soon. Each team will have five hours to complete the building of their gigantic food structure.
On April 5, 2017 our celebrity jurors will travel to each location to view the structures and deliberate to choose winners in the following categories:
- Best Meal – Awarded for the best variety of cans that would be most useful for a complete, balanced meal.
- Best Use of Labels – Awarded for the best variety of cans that helps the design of the structure be articulated by the labels.
- Structural Ingenuity – Awarded for the best use of the math and physics to help the structure defy gravity and stand in position.
- Jurors’ Favorite – This award is give to the structure that receives the most votes from the jury.
- CAN Spirit Award – Award given to the structure that uses the MOST cans in their sculpture.
Winners will be announced on Friday, April 7, 2017 at the 20th Annual Cincinnati Canstruction Awards Gala to be held at the Fifth Third Theater at the Aronoff Center. The Canstruction exhibit will be on display from April 4 – 23, 2017. There is no charge for admission, but the public is encouraged to bring canned goods or make a donation to the Freestore Foodbank.